Thursday, May 18, 2006

Zilog Inside

Wyclef Jean hit up my digits the other day, which was a bit of a surprise because he's normally more of an IM hound. Anyway, in between telling me how hot my ass is (and I'm all "yeah yeah dog, you say that to all the boys, holla") he wanted to know if I'd seen the latest MacBook from purveyors of hi-lust sleekery Apple.

"Of course I have, Wyclef" I told him, "what do you think I am, Jade-ferchristin-Goody?"

Looking closely at the shiny little bastard (the Mac, I mean, not the Jean) the thing that struck me was the keyboard. Now Steve's copysluts describe it as

"a unique new keyboard design that sits flush against the bed for a sleeker, lower profile. Plus, you’ll find a firmer touch when typing. That ought to make your fingers happy"

but I'm thinking that instead they've recycled the classic rubber keyboard of the Sinclair ZX Spectrum, a 3.50 Mhz powerhouse stacked with up to 48kb of RAM.

Now a little basic google sleuthery tells us that sans-case the sparkly Spectrum would happily fit inside a MacBook case, which makes me wonder whether in fact Apple have simply stuffed one in and adjusted for inflation from the original 80s £125 launch price. So this afternoon I shall be hitching a ride down to Old London Town with the least-sodomising trucker I can find and taking an axe to the first laptop I see in the Apple store. All in the name of science investigation, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home